Sunday, November 10, 2013

Some Unity Shader work


Just adding some more functionality so i have more control over the shader for this dude in Unity. The big addition is the RGB(A) Comp Map slot. Which takes the RGB channels into account;


R = Specular
G = Gloss
B = Translucency
A = (Still undecided on this)

So this is what it looks like in Photoshop. Because each channel is black and white, it causes a bit of a problem for skin specular, so I just added the Specular Colour node so you can tint the black and white spec to get the effect you want. This is how the translucency works too in conjunction with a mask. I was for some reason having trouble with the Gloss at first, but it seems using a vector 1 instead of a range slider comes out nicer than I thought it would.

I'm undecided on the alpha channel and what it could be used for. I was originally going to use it for emission but at the moment, emission is taken up by the fresnel effect. So it could just be used for the standard alpha transparency I guess.

After this I'll be working on the eye shader or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment