Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ostrich Courier


I've been motivated by DOTA recently, perhaps due to the ward Item i modelled recently but I've always been taken to the couriers more than anything else. So I thought I'd make an ostrich courier.



Couriers have a maximum count of 3000 triangles and currently it sits at 1866 which i'm happy with because it's the bulk. It means I can spend some more time creating and figuring out the flying version. I was taken to the idea of it being ridden by some sort of creature that would carry it. I'm not too sure how it will turn out but that's the whole point of this exercise really, to try and make something look sweet with relatively low triangle counts.
512x512 with various AO Bakes

This is the uv space so far. There is space left intentionally so that I can fit in some other things like the hair, hair and the bags at the back. I'll probably have to readjust things to accommodate for another character, that is if I go ahead with it. I'm also wanting to change up the hat a bit too, instead of a Fez i was thinking of something a bit warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment