Friday, October 18, 2013

Continuing off...

I posted awhile back on this guy. I've finally taken the time to start doing something with him. I wanted to focus on getting the eyes looking right because I have always felt I've never pushed eyes properly on a character, to which I must say are probably far from what I want right now. Either way, in Marmoset toolbag I'm coming across a rather annoying issue; alpha maps.


At the moment I have an extra mesh in front of the standard eye mesh for example, but for a reason unknown to me the alpha seems to be broken and either renders completely opaque or completely transparent. It’s quite frustrating to say the least. If anyone knows how to fix it then I’d greatly appreciate a tip or two towards the right direction!

To my knowledge, to get alpha maps to work in Marmoset Toolbag you need to have the alpha transparency in the diffuse alpha (32bit, RGB), which makes sense. You also need a 32bit specular, whose reason alludes me right now. I made sure to check all these boxes yet still no dice. :/





No comments:

Post a Comment